The Fourth of July is right around the corner. With only 3 days left until the joyous day, the community of Fort Collins is readying itself to flock to City Park on the evening of July 4th for the fireworks display.
While fireworks are the main attraction of the day, there are many other ways to celebrate the day in the city of Fort Collins.
You can get your day started with an early run with this year’s 17th annual FireKracker 5K. The race will start at 7:30 a.m. in City Park. For more information, visit the website www.firekracker5k.com.
Let’s not forget about the parade that’ll be held in Old Town. Bring the entire family to watch the parade, which will begin at 10 a.m. on Jackson Avenue. It will travel east on Mountain Avenue and will end on Meldrum Street. The parade this year will be celebrating 50 years of Parks and Recreation.
There are many other ways to spend the Fourth of July, leading up to the grand finale of the fireworks display in City Park.
Other highlights include:
• A golf tournament at City Park Nine Golf Course, which starts at 8 a.m. Find more details by calling the number 970-221-6650.
• Old Timer’s Game at City Park North Ball field at 9:30 a.m.
• An old-fashioned themed Fourth of July at the Avery House from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Live music and Victorian games and crafts will be included at the event.
• The City Park Pool will be open until 5:30 p.m. for anyone who wants to cool off. The cost is $3 a person.
• The day ends in City Park at 4:15 with live music. A symphony will play at 8:15 p.m. before the fireworks begin at 9:35 p.m., weather permitting. Pets, alcohol and your own fireworks will not be allowed in City Park.
Parking will be limited and not allowed at the City Park Pool or City Park Nine Golf Course. Transfort will instead provide free shuttle service to City Park. The free service begins at 5:30 p.m. and will be from the MAX’s Downtown Transit Center and the Colorado State University parking lot. The MAX bus will be in service from 5 p.m. until 12 a.m.
To find more information on Fort Collins’ Fourth of July festivities, visit www.fcgov.com/july4th.